Monday 28 July 2014

Waterton Camping Trip with the Family

For the past few years my family has camped in Waterton during the summer. I love the trip especially the time I get to spend with my family! This year we had a little bit of every type of weather possible... hail, rain, wind, sun. No matter what my family always makes the best of the situation and as my mom says "we make memories". 

We got to Waterton late on tuesday night. On wednesday we hiked bears hump and then played in the water at the sandbar and the driftwood beach. On thursday the weather was terrible and we spent the morning walking around town. In the afternoon went swimming at the pool and played rook in the tent. On friday the wind died down a bit and we hiked to Wall Lake where we did the ice challenge for cancer. Kelti's brother-in-law dared them to do it. It started in New Zealand; there they dump buckets of ice water on their heads and donate money to cancer. We decided we would just jump into the freezing cold water, it definitely was freezing but it was lots of fun. Saturday we floated the St.Mary's river which was also freezing! Jude even came, he had a rough time but we all survived even with the sunburns. 

It was an awesome trip! I can't wait for next year. 













No comments:

Post a Comment