Thursday 15 May 2014

TBT: Bryanna's Baby Shower

Our good friends Bryanna and Jason just welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Remi Rae Peterson, into their family. She is adorable to say the least!! I am so happy for them both and know that they are amazing parents! A month or so before she was born a friend and I threw a baby shower to help Bry get ready for Remi. A lot of people came to celebrate and Bry got a ton of really cute baby stuff! I think that baby showers are so much fun because you get to see all the cute little baby clothes. At this one I also got so many ideas for homemade baby gifts. Who knew all of our friends were such great homemakers! 

I wanted to write a post about the shower so that I could share some of the printables I created with you. I don't want to brag... but I think the shower turned out great! We went with an 'April Showers' theme. I found a cute picture of rain drops on google images and used it to develop a banner, water bootle covers, food tags, favours, and some advice cards. First... here are some pictures of the event so you can see how the decorations turned out. 

 
   
  
 
 
 

To find the printable files, click the links below. If you have any questions email or comment!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4xz0A5U7UKnWVEySENmWjE3Q1U&usp=sharing

Lots of the people at the shower also asked for the recipe for the neapolitan squares we had (they are the cute pink ones in the pictures). I got the recipe from my mom but I'm not sure where it came from beyond that. Here goes...

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups graham crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 cups medium grind coconut
1 can(11oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups icing sugar
4 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp maraschino cherry juice

Step #1: Mix graham crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and flour in separate bowl. Press into greased 9x12 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min. 
Step #2: Mix coconut and condensed milk in bowl and pour onto crust. Bake for 20 min or until light brown around edges (don't bake too long or you won't be able to get the squares out of the pan). Let cool in fridge completely; if it's not completely cool the icing will separate. 
Step #3: Mix icing sugar, margarine, and maraschino cherry juice. Ice the cooled squares and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. 
Note: If you don't have or can't find maraschino cherry juice you can replace it with water, food colouring, and 1/4 tsp of cherry or almond extract. 

Its a super fast and yummy recipe! A friend told me her grandma makes something similar with fudge on top. I think this would also be delicious! ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Yayy! Love this post because obviously this was the best shower I have ever been to! ;) Thanks so much for being such an amazing friend. Oh and a special thanks for that recipe. Soooo delish!

    ReplyDelete